PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I am want to become an airline pilot (Read me if you're 15 years old)
Old 16th Jan 2013, 21:07
Whiskey Bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure the two worlds are that far apart and Truckflyr is correct in that I don't have experience of doing it day in - day out, but I have been (lucky) enough to jump-seat night freight work, so I maybe have 1/100th of an idea. Yes, I was hanging in my straps making the last approach of the night, but I had by then been up for 28 hours, to get a 'regular' workday in first.

I'll be grateful to leave what I have done behind and give something different a go and be glad that what I've had I didn't piss up the wall (too much). Thankfully my hard earned (or however you choose to think of it) won't be going the way of CTC/FTE/CAE and if nothing else I'll come out a vaguely competent IFR pilot and go do something else.

I didn't post to say that my job is harder than anyones or vice versa, simply to contribute to the thread and make people think, perhaps once a year whether they are doing is what they really want....