PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter - v - crane LONDON
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2013, 16:46
Tequilaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r44raven

Was that statement true? If so I know where my next email is headed having held off through their 'journalism' throughout the day.

I think an open letter from people (members of the industry and indeed this site) that actually know what they are doing/talking about needs to be sent to news outlets to stop sensationalist stories and comment being made. I have seen some experienced voice on the airwaves talking sense then being drowned by 'experts' - We all know who they are.

Its like driving on a motorway and passing an accident then all of a sudden because you drive or have experience peripheral of driving you are suddenly an accident investigation inspector. Too soon and not fair and doesn't make things any clearer for anyone let alone the persons affected desperately dealing with things and answers.

I am not a rotary operator however have operated jets in to the likes of swiss airfields that require total commitment, knowledge and awareness, all of the facets that Pete would have had. Something went wrong, tragically in this case and I think people who know and operate in this industry and know the man will realise. We are all bound by the nature of this business by rules, strict and enforced for a reason and I am not beyond being subjective I don't feel by stating that. I am not saying that anyone personally is beyond a mistake however this is for the AIB to determine based on what they discover through doing their job.

I dont think it is beyond the pale to suggest that journalists do their job either but deliver a balanced, INFORMED view on matters within their knowledge instead of sending wannabe's hurtling around Vauxhall questioning the risk of carbon fibre danger to the public. Look at their sources and the so called experts they employ, a majority of which are not respected amongst a very close knit, informed community with expertise in their everyday job.

All this reporting does is damage a well run, well regulated industry whom dont have an outlet to show the good and benefit they deliver through a platform such as channel number **** BUT most importantly it doesn't reflect the pain, loss and suffering to the families involved in this tragic accident and that has to be held paramount in this circumstance.

Whilst I have met Pete numerous times in one way or another and have his number I never had the opportunity to meet the family behind the man which I can only imagine were a testament to whom he was and for them I feel totally gutted and empty for.

Sky News, BBC and whomever manifests off these feeds now spare a thought for the 2 people that wont be walking through their front doors tonight to their family or the people visited in hospital. For the so called 'experts' put your feet up on another day of being as useful as the steam off my p1ss to the industry and the public tonight. You know who you are and the people that despise you.