PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help with some crazy NATS abbreviations
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2013, 14:31
Maja_J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with some crazy NATS abbreviations

Hi all,
I am fully aware that I might get laughed at, but here's the deal...
I am a certified translator of English based in Warsaw, Poland. The reason for why I became a translator and not something more lucrative is because I know absolutely nothing about technology and such. Little did I know that courts in Poland don't care - I have been ordered (ordered, not asked...) to translate some ATC docs into Polish. Been at it for numerous...numerous hours now and somehow, thanks to the help of a pilot friend, I have managed to trudge through most of the terms. Finally got stuck on a a file called NATS-terminal control TC Provisional daily report. It's pretty wild, really with things like:
1. 03:35 BAW10 has suffered hydraulics failure. If not fully serviceable, will divert to either CC or FF (question: what are CC/FF?)

2. 06:28 Holding at 39 mins and TEAM reduced to 2/60 from 0700. LLTCWX reduced to reflect the reduction in LR and to assist in erroding airbourne holding (question here is: what is LLTCWX? Later on in comes up again in the following sentence: LLTCWX cap increase as air holding has reduced to 21 mins)

3. LRP 42 (no further context, no clue what this could stand for. Anyone...?

This is pretty long and I am sure I violated a ton of some unwritten forum rules and probably my questions will have you frowning with disdain...but I am desperate at this point. Please, before you chose to disregard this request for help, do keep in mind that it's a district court in some ominous eastern-European country that has ordered me to find these terms... ;-) I will much appreciate any pointers! And sorry again if I broke any rules here. Maja