PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dumb arses and guns...
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2013, 12:32
Ronald Reagan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think its rather unfair to law abiding gun owners in the US that they are all tarnished by the actions of the odd lunatic. People ask ''whats the need to own a gun?''. One could say that about anything, ''whats the need to own a sports car or a speed boat or a second home? Maybe simply as the person in question enjoys owning the item, thats all.
To punish the majority of the law abiding due to the actions of the odd person just seems so wrong. Following that logic we could ban all alcohol. Most people drink alcohol in a reasonable way, a minority do not. Maybe for the greater good to prevent drink driving and alochol related violance (common in our cities at night) we could ban all alcohol. As someone who does not drink I don't see why my life should be at risk by those who do. We have all the situations of football hooligans which often involve drink aswell. So maybe for the greater good a total ban on alcohol should take place. What purpose does alcohol serve? Why do people need to drink it? Its a drug and a dangerous one at that, many other drugs are banned so maybe alcohol should be added to the list!!! I don't see that drinking serve any worthwhile purpose at all.
I would not support such a ban though, I hate alcohol but that does not mean my opinion should force others to do the same. Not to think of the major economic disaster such a ban would cause, the same applies to the large gun industry in the US, all the gun shops, manufacterers, shooting clubs would all be gone, with the economy as it is all they need are yet more job losses. But for me the big issue is the freedom of Americans to own a gun or not.