PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2013, 11:20
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I realise that the CAA releases its monthly provisional stats in batches with not all airports included in the first batch, but that is not my point.

As you know, the monthly provisional stats are in three sections: domestic route analysis; international route analysis; airport statistics.

No problem with the domestic and international lists this time: all the BRS routes are shown as 0 in those as is normal because BRS is one of the airports not in the first batch of figures to be released.

When this happens such airports are not included at all in the provisional airport stats list (the headline one that seems to interest most people). For example, Norwich Airport is yet to be included for December.

I've seen mistakes before in the provisional list such as figures being transposed but never such nonsense as that appearing against the BRS entry.

The entry is more than incomplete, it's simply inaccurate.

There hasn't been a reduction of over a third of the flights compared with December 2011; the 12-month rolling total is not 5,576,501 - it's close to November's 12-month total which was 5,917,170.