PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many ATCOs during night shift?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2013, 08:50
caciara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Spitoon, probably you don't understand the purpose of this post. It is not, as you write, to support my view (??) that single man operations are a bad thing. Obviously I think that in every job you have to work during night hours, the management should pay attention more and more than other jobs, and not on my view, but because there are a lot of medical studies (collected into the Eurocontrol document), which had demonstrated a continuos sleep debt with possible and serious health consequences. In our job, other than preceeding factor, it is very important to mitigate every unsafe condition, and in my opinion it is quite strange to leave an ATCO alone who could be sleepy, just for economic reasons!!. In my opinion there is no reason to justify it. If the ANSP considers that the air traffic during night hours is not enough to justify at least 2 ATCOs for each operative position, it should close the ATC service. Anyway, I say again, it is not the purpose of this post, I'd like just to know the ATC staff number for european Hubs during night hours, for my statistical reasons. That's all....