PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dumb arses and guns...
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2013, 04:22
US Herk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lanza, like every single other mass shooter in the last thirty years, was on psychotherapeutic drugs. He did not have 'ready' or 'easy' access to guns, they were his mother's guns. Did you know he killed his mother to get the guns and her car?

I think we should ban alcohol because some folks don't use it responsibly, get in their cars, and kill people. Or maybe we should ban cars instead. Or maybe we can be sensible, punish those who use either of these tools abusively, and allow the responsible, law-abiding people to go about their lives unfettered from restrictive laws.

For what it's worth, the other 68,000,000+ legal gun owners, owning 120,000,000+ guns killed nobody yesterday. The guns, access to guns, types of guns, or anything else about the tools of the criminally insane are completely irrelevant. Yet you fail to grasp that very simple and basic concept.

According to the EU, the Netherlands has 111,888 violent crimes, which works out to a per capita rate of 676 per 100,000 people. The US has 466 per 100,000 people. If you don't know what that means, allow me to explain it - you are nearly 1.5 times more likely to be the victim of violent crime in the Netherlands. If you have such sensible gun laws, why do you have more violence and violent crime? Go get your house in order before you start telling others how to run theirs. And quit watching the news.

Your ability to selectively pull individual sentences from major media who are not factually reporting, but sensationalizing facts speaks volumes to the extent to which you are already brainwashed, ignorant, or both. You refuse to listen to reason, so I'm assuming your ignorance is willful. The brainwashed part is obvious, but I was hoping there was still logic and reason within you. My mistake.

I'm done.

Pigs can't sing and I'm only getting muddy.

Last edited by US Herk; 16th Jan 2013 at 04:36.