PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANA 787 makes emergency landing due 'battery fire warning'
Old 16th Jan 2013, 03:45
Squawk-7600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DozyWannabe
@Squawk-7600 - That's not the same thing as "blaming" Boeing though, is it?

As is invariably the case these days, the components have come from all over the world, and from various suppliers - it's no different for Airbus. If ANA ground their B787s then that's a matter for them and Boeing to hash out in terms of responsibility - it's not a given that Boeing themselves are responsible for the problem, just as it's not a given that Airbus are solely responsible for any issues on their types.

[EDIT : Tempting as it may be to engage in "schadenfreude", it just makes the person that does so look like as much of an arse as the folks who do so when the boot is on the other foot. Be a grown-up - don't fall into that trap!]
I have no idea why you're addressing this to me, or even what the schadenfreude reference is in relation to. As a result of this latest incident I said that I would be surprised if the aircraft isn't grounded and have just heard on the radio that 2 operators in Japan have done just that. I get no pleasure from seeing aircraft sitting on the ground I assure you!