PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Want to be an Airline Pilot?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2013, 20:48
20driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks good to me

Not that I'm interested but it seems like an incredible deal. Hard to imagine a newbie getting a better chance anywhere in Canada.

For $ 60 K you have your ratings (that in itself is a very reasonable price) and in theory could be starting in AC in your mid twenties. I suspect having a college degree would be an excellent idea but in theory you could start in on this at 19.

I'm sure the contract has plenty of outs for the employer but at least having that on paper before spending your cash makes it a good deal.

As for puppy farm or not, if you get the ratings and the employer is satisfied that is what matters. I'd suggest the management of Georgian and by implication AC are who you need to pay attention to. I will bet a few beers no one on here is about to offer you anything close.

True you won't need to spend time driving around the north, being a rampie, digging latrine holes, etc and all those other important steps to developing your flying skills but i think you will survive without that.

Personally I would put a lot of effort into that letter. I'm sure they will be getting a lot of them.

Good luck with it.

Last edited by 20driver; 15th Jan 2013 at 20:53.