PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Angle of Attack rule of thumb
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2003, 20:10
DustDevil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Mad Scientist, Thank you for this explanations, a bit complex for me however. My background is ...heu...i'm an informatic student and light aircraft pilot.

Essentially for my own pleasure, i'm working on an airbus a320 simulation and flight model is one of my problems, because of its lack of accuracy.

I used this method of computation because it's the only solution i found. To determine lift produced by a section of a wing, once local alpha and beta are known :
i compute Cz as a function of alpha, thanks to a graph Cz=f(alpha) for the corresponding A320 wing section that i found on the doc of a commercial flight simulator (don't know if it is reliable).

with the Cz, i can calculate lift with following equ :
0.5 * airdensity * (local airspeed^2) * Cz, with a correction for beta angle, due to the sweep of the section. And the same for Drag.

Tuning some datas in the Cz = f(alpha) relation in my programs gave me stall speeds and airpeed/alpha relationship near of the real aircraft but not entirely sastifying.

As you understand, this method is the only one possible for me because of the lack of aerodynamic datas about the aircraft, or flight-matched datas. didn't understand your remarks about real-time (CFD methodoly ??). Real time is ensured by use of clock's access functions of my PC.

Your explanations about use of matrix to find relationship beetwen flight parameter is very interesting.
but it's probably very memory-expensive, isn'it ? i mean: for your example you d have a lot if parameter to derive rool damping ( AoA,roll rate, all wing control surface's positions etc... ). Would you know where i could find this type of datas ?