PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Italian NH 90 accident 1st June 08
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2013, 13:44
Al-bert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pitts.
I merely ask to provide some balance to the recent focus on owner / drivers and any view that if you managed to earn a few quid through luck or judgement and as a result managed to realise you childhood dream of flying you are not pre-programmed to shunt and that even those who would be readily accepted as "professional" get it wrong...
You seem pretty hung up on owner/drivers (your descriptor) v's Professionals (Civ or mil). Can I ask why? Are you an 'owner/driver', do you aspire to be, did you have a 'childhood dream of flying'?
I ask because you seem to miss the point, on the other thread, as to why many of us (current and ex professionals) think the JP Fire Service is an inherantly flawed idea.
Of course professionals can f'ck up too - we all can. Helicopter flying, at any level, is a risky business. It's just that years of training, thousands of flight hours, the constant critical appraisal by supervisors and colleagues, helps to mitigate most of these risks. Does the average 'owner driver' have these benefits? And as you keep pointing out, even mil pilots f'up sometimes.
Albert

btw: it's the guys in the pedalo I feel sorry for!

Last edited by Al-bert; 15th Jan 2013 at 13:47.