PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2012 CTC OAA & FTE Graduates review
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2013, 07:03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mad Jock and Bealzebub

I always enjoy reading the contributions from both Mad Jock and Bealzebub - their perspectives from their wealth of industry experience is invaluable. They are must reads for anyone considering flight training.

I pretty much think for integrated, it's either 'tagged' or bust. I can't see any good reason to pay the premium for integrated training if you're not on a tagged scheme? Unless you have bottomless pockets.

For modular at the moment, you need to have a very good plan to separate yourself from all other 200 hr CVs. Scatter-gunning your CV around the world does mot work. With the lack of operators taking on fresh modular students at the moment, combined with the lack of recruitment generally (outside of EZY and RYR - although how will that look in 18 months?), a vanilla cpl/ir does not give you much chance of success unfortunately. Even if you budget for the TR that any future employer will no doubt require.

Draw up a list of operators that currently recruit (when they have vacancies) 200 hr modular students and you will find that it is very short. Such a list would be invaluable to anyone considering going down the modular route and doing just a cpl/ir (no FI ticket etc). I think it would really focus the mind!