PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The New State Pension System
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2013, 00:58
TRX75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tableview - no I don't believe that is correct. The press release I linked above also says:
All state pension rights accrued under the old system will be recognised, so nobody will lose out on any pension they have earned.
In my view, it therefore follows that anyone who has the currently required 30 years by 2017 will receive the full Single Tier pension.

The White Paper itself (see here: http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/single-tier-pension.pdf) gives more detail at Annex 3 on page 91:
12. Those whose National Insurance record under the current system would have a value at the point of implementation of more than the full single-tier pension will receive both a full single-tier pension and a ‘protected payment’ (an additional payment protected against price inflation) to recognise their higher entitlement.
On the matter of voluntary contributions, the White paper says on page 92:
21. Under the current system, those who have gaps in their National Insurance records, for example, as a result of time spent in full-time education, are able to ‘top up’ their records by paying voluntary National Insurance contributions. These do not count towards the additional State Pension.
22. The Government intends to retain voluntary National Insurance contributions. As is currently the case, the cost of those contributions will be kept under review.

Last edited by TRX75; 15th Jan 2013 at 01:07.