PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Pilot Medical Failures
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2013, 21:08
On Final

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Chinese Medical

Hello Fellow Pilots,

There are many very informative posts which have been made here, the information is very useful.

I have been in China almost 5 years and still managing to "Pass" the Chinese medical. It has always been an wild experience and I used to laugh at some of the things they would test us for, but "I dont Laugh Now..!! I think this medical is one of the toughest in the World to pass.

Its amazing what the Doctors find with their old basic testing. Believe me, if you have something wrong, you can pretty much count on them finding it. From the MRI brain Scan to the CT Cat Scan, they will find any Kindney stones (in the making) spots on the brain (showing possible memory loss, Dimencia) to Cancers and Tumors, artery blockages, its amazing.

Also dont even thing about trying to hide a lasic surgery, they have machines designed just to find it. You can fly with lasic in China but have a 6 month waiting period from the procedure. You also have a 3 month waiting period from any surgery (including passing a Kidney stone) before you can get your medical.

I have had the MRI, recent the CT Scan (with die), Radio Cardiogram, booth hearing tests, Serious Eye tests including many machines, Blood tests (liver enzimes check), urine tests, Sonograms, Brain scans with flashing lights and you name it.

To make a long story short, if make it through your initial Check in Beijing CAAC, I think there is also Shanghai CAAC you should be OK if you stay healthy.

The company Doctor and your agent will have some ability to fix some small medical issues as you do your routine checks, thay can be delt with at the local levels. However, the local CAAC is strict once they get their hands on your issue there is not much room for error from what I have seen.

Its China, just roll with it and dont try to figure it out. Just do what your told to do with the medicals will keep your life simple.

I hope my post made some since,

Good Luck,

On Final