PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Millionaire helicopter pilots to ferry emergency services...
Old 14th Jan 2013, 21:04
Pittsextra

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Pitts;

post 290
Quote:
Personally I'd say this mil pilot was the biggest ego I've ever read about.
post 297

Quote:
I have no idea the history of this pilot

Please explain your first comment ref Capt.Fornassi who, may I remind you, was an instructor and probably not as you put just 'having a go and seeing how it works out'!
Thats a fair question.

My comment is in relation to the recent threads where we talk about pilots like the one in this thread and the two fatal accidents in Gazelles.

So now you ask if this NH90 pilot has a history of poor airmanship and I don't know. However this display pilot has given himself - as is clearly seen from the footage on YouTube - no margin. Which, in my opinion is an ego thing. Why else do you not give yourself another 200m of height, whatever?? There is just no excuse for it. Its an airshow, for fun with people who are going to be impressed regardless of the -200/300m.

Quite aside from the regard for others on board the helicopter and the display area over people in small watercraft. Planning seems to be lacking, especially when you look at the whole of the display which is actually has very few elements on the vertical line.

As I said the accident report would be an interesting read if anyone has it.