PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Millionaire helicopter pilots to ferry emergency services...
Old 14th Jan 2013, 17:15
Hughes500

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
TC

I PM ed you Paxton's e mail address so you could advise him, have you done so ?
If so what reply did you get ?
SS
The examples may not be the best ( were used to show you can volunteer to do things and dont necessarily need to have a professional licence to be any good) but who are we to know what training he is doing or not.
My whole beef is the slagging he gets when people do not have the full facts, everyone is believing the press reports which just goes to show how nieve some on this forum are.
Some have put up some very good arguments that I have passed on others just see him as a rich boy trying to get the " I have seen it done it badge" eg "running round in a gas guzzling helicopter" actually his entire business and life is carbon neutral, anyone else claim that on here ?
I would expect a bit more professionalism, I would emplore SS and TC with your wealth of knowledge you should go and visit him and see what he is about. You might be pleasantly surprised you may not. When you have done that then by all means call him what you will.
I did not know the guy from Adam until asked to do his LPC a couple of years ago. Yes he is different to most can come over as a bit arrogrant but his heart is in the right place and wants to help and he always asks for advice, perhaps the likes of some on this should help steer him the right way, you never know it might work.
I was very synical about the Territorial Army serving on Ops with regular guys as they were part timers and not professionals, actually had to eat humble pie as in some cases they were better and more motivated.
If nothing else this makes for interesting interludes form gardening in the rain over a tea