PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Millionaire helicopter pilots to ferry emergency services...
Old 14th Jan 2013, 09:29
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TTB: [Albert's alter ego (frontbottom) is much more fitting - don't you think? Certainly suits you: Everytime I picture you now, I see a frontbottom on your shoulders ].
You've certainly declared your colours haven't you? What automatically makes you think I have it in for 'rich people' (What is the definition of rich anyway, because if it is someone with 7 digits (and I don't mean fingers, before you 'chip' in) in their personal inventory, I declare myself well and truly rich).
Again - for the hard of reading, I will declare my position:
For me, TTB, it's all about SOME people's attitude (see my other thread "more is....more"). It's about the fact that SOME people don't consider normality/rules/regs to apply to them. They see the world through their bespectacled perspectives. It appears there is a propensity for RICH to ingratiate themselves this way. Now did you read that correctly or do you want me to wait here while I wait for you to read it again?
Perhaps the word that could be used is - arrogant, or narcissistic. You choose.
Paxman (love it) isn't so much a "cock" (as Capt Slow from Top Gear would say) because he's rich. He's a "cock" because he genuinely believes, as someone who is technically an amateur with a PPL, with absolutely NO training whatsoever, he can contribute to a professional life saving organisation on his (40 day) terms This is what makes him stand out. Now a NON rich person wouldn't be in a position to put such ideas forward because he wouldn't have the wherewithall to do it - hence ATTITUDE, ttb, OK? Get it?

Hughes500: You scare me. You really scare me - Here's me thinking you are a switched on helo instructor and then you come up with the most ridiculous scenario possible (Almost child like response). Firstly it's an RTC (RTA's went out 12 years ago). Do you think (a) firecrew would turn up to an RTC without fire cutting equipment? and (b) even if they did forget???????? Paxman would then be called up at the rush and asked to pop down to the nearest fire depot and pick up the cutting kit? Perleeeeeeeeze. Your last post was pathetic in the extreme - you must surely have been drinking when you wrote that. Or your mum wrote it!
[And do you think I am going to cold e-mail Jerrry paxman (love it) and tell him he's a "cock" and Hughes'y told me to call him]

For everyone reading this thread - this is not about MONEY'd people. It is about certain individuals attitudes to life. And how they go about getting things done. Like I said in the other thread - because they are successful in one walk of life, they automatically think the same formula works elsewhere.