PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Millionaire helicopter pilots to ferry emergency services...
Old 14th Jan 2013, 07:57
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
H500,
With respect, IMHO there is a vast difference between;

Mountain Rescue Teams -
1903 The 'Scafell Disaster' (1903)was a pivotal moment in mountain rescue history as a shocked climbing fraternity began to consider the increasing incidence of mountain accidents and the lack of rescue resources available. Within a year, rudimentary first aid and mountain rescue equipment began to appear in key areas. But it was an accident in 1928, in the Peak District, and the extreme difficulties encountered by rescuers, which sparked the eventual formation of the Mountain Rescue Committee.
Mountain Rescue England and Wales | History

RNLI -
Saving lives at sea since 1824
​The RNLI has saved more than 139,000 lives since its foundation in 1824 as the National Institution for the Preservation of Life from Shipwreck. The name was changed to the Royal National Lifeboat Institution in 1854, and cork lifejackets were first issued to crew members in the same year.
The 20th century saw the RNLI continue to save lives at sea through two world wars. Lifeboats moved from sail and oar power to petrol and diesel, and the first women joined their crews.
History

St John's ambulance services -
St John Ambulance teaches people first aid – about 800,000 last year alone – so that they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.

Thousands of the people we trained went on to offer their skills and time to be the difference right in the heart of their community, as St John Ambulance volunteers – to provide first aid at public events, to be Community First Responders who attend emergency calls and provide care until the ambulance arrives, to provide patient transport, or as back up to local ambulance services during local major emergencies.
What we do - St John Ambulance

...and a millionaire that is using his helicopter as an emergency service with no experience whatsoever in emergency service operations or any of the tasks about to be trialled.

I know all you highly experienced professional pilots think the idea is crap,
I don't think this thread has anything to do with that train of thought. To put it simply, he has already proved himself to be a liability when the weather is dodgy and I think most of us 'professionals' for some strange reason, can foresee the hazards (cheese slices) that the 'non professionals' appear not to be able to.

(I don't like using the terms professional and non-proffesional, but it seems that others do)

All that aside, please explain why he has only sought insurance for 40 callouts.