PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Millionaire helicopter pilots to ferry emergency services...
Old 14th Jan 2013, 07:04
Hughes500

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
Al-Bert

Question for you, your daughter is in an RTA, The Brigade has no cutting tools the only way is getting them is Mr Paxton's helicopter so presumably you would say NO
At the same time presumably you would get rid of virtually all Mountain Rescue Teams, St John's ambulance services, RNLI and loads of other volunteering services as they are not staffed by full time professionals
Paxton is no fool in either aviation or business. Yes there are pressures to do jobs but if he stays within the normal aiviation rules ( 1500m viz etc etc) what is the problem where there is the possibility of saving life.
I presume you would be on the Health and Safety side of life where like the 2 officers who wouldnt go into the water to save some drowning people last year as they werent trained in water rescue. I ersonally saved someone from drowning 150m off a beach, was I trained in surf rescue - no, was I trained in 1st aid yes but I wasnt prepared to watch someone drown without at least trying. That person I saved happened to be a surgeon so who knows how many lives he has since saved.
I know all you highly experienced professional pilots think the idea is crap, do you lot have any better ideas or put your money where your mouth is ? Do you even know what the limitations of the service is ? Do you know the guy ? Do you know is piloting ability ? Any of you contacted him to give him your advice ( gave TC his e mail address in a PM ages ago) ? If the answer to any of the above is yes then my apologies
Yes I have reservations about what he is offering but given some clear SOP's I dont see why it should not go ahead on a trial basis.
Back to my trench now