PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2013, 01:43
MAINJAFAD

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Biggus

You would be correct in your guess of my original back-room boy employment (my username is a giveaway anyway). Most of what I wrote is based on what is here . I have no idea what CBFFI's battle plans are, but for what my part of it was last time I was down there, which I will not discuss either (but for the fact that I've had a personnel weapon issued every time and have zero'ed it on a range (first trip was the best, SLR and got qualified on the GPMG as well to do LLAD)). Also all of my fellow servicemen had access to personal weapons as well. OK, they are not line infantry, but they can man a defensive position, therefore there is more than just 120 armed squaddies defending the place if required. The rest of my comments are conjecture, but based on a sound knowledge of military history and tactics. I may have a rose tinned view, but that is based on the knowledge that the current kit is a damm sight more reliable than what was there in the past and a damm sight more capable. Argies on the other hand have gone backwards in a lot of respects.

Courtney, I'd say it's a realistic comment, Argies known they can't take the place without taking a kicking.

keesje. Chile supports Argentina??? Why does their national airline fly a scheduled A320 service from Punta Arenas to Mount Pleasant and back every weekend then?? It may not be on their route map. but go to their booking page and type in Punta Arenas (PUO) and Mount Pleasant (MPN) in depart and arrive and select a Saturday and you can book a ticket.

Last edited by MAINJAFAD; 14th Jan 2013 at 01:53.