PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment III
Old 14th Jan 2013, 00:01
wjc12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Waiting...waiting...

Hi Astara,

Congratulations for making it this far, Your halfway through the recruitment process and as far as i'm concerned if they have advised that they will be calling your references that's a really good sign.

I actually had a similar experience, one of my 2 references was unfortunately unreliable and failed to answer any of the virgin calls. I waited 4 weeks after virgin advised they would do reference checks, i am also aware that Virgin have a Pas & Fail contact policy, they will contact you Evan if you don't make it.

So i actually rang virgin head office myself and got in contact with the recruiting officer. They advised that they tried calling my reference a few times without any lucks. Anyway long story cut short Virgin eventually got in contact with my reference and i got through

In answer to your question, Virgin have thousands of applicants each time they recruit, if they try calling one of your references and they dont get through, you will be put straight to the bottom of the list.

My Advise would be to contact virgin, kindly enquire about your progress and ensure that your references are available 24/7.. If they arnt then you will be put at bottom of priority.