PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Millionaire helicopter pilots to ferry emergency services...
Old 13th Jan 2013, 20:51
toptobottom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm struck by the number of current and ex helicopter pilots/crew who have in many cases years of experience in SAR, police, military fields who think this is a BAD idea (and unworkable) compared with the amateur pilots and non aircrew who see it as a good and workable idea. Strange that isn't it?
Not really. Although some the contributors to this thread are amateurs, they have many years of experience flying helicopters. However, they also have the benefit of many years experience in business. Most have been successful in their respective businesses despite having faced odds stacked against them: bureaucracy, competition, economics, etc.

Where JP's has the skills or not, whether his ideas are workable or not, whether there is a need or not, I still admire his `have-a-go` aspirations, even if they are the product of his ego. It may well be that they will be crushed by legislation, common sense, or some other reason, but I don't understand the rationale behind attacking him.

Last edited by toptobottom; 13th Jan 2013 at 20:56. Reason: teepos