PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brive/Soulliac
Thread: Brive/Soulliac
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2013, 18:09
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
compton - I don't expect full airport closure (those double daily 19-seat flights to Orly on weekdays are sacrosanct), but I am trying to figure out if airlines like Flybe, Jet2 and Ryanair might be wondering whether Brive offers them either a better operational setup or a better customer demand compared to Bergerac.

Does Bergerac have what it takes to keep flights to the UK from migrating to Brive ? In particular, when there's only a handful of routes to the region, I very much doubt Ryanair will want to split their operations between Bergerac and Brive and may therefore be running a trial over summer 2013 (or sending a warning signal to Bergerac) before making a decision as to where to consolidate their Dordogne flights long term.

In 2011, Bergerac saw 1,661 domestic passengers (suggesting a load factor on the Bergerac-Orly route of below 10%), but 287,338 flying somewhere other than France. Brive by contrast had 39,997 domestic passengers, but only 19,492 international passengers. It seems odd that the 2 airports have very different domestic and international passenger profiles.

Last edited by davidjohnson6; 13th Jan 2013 at 18:23.