PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2013, 15:44
Planeaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHX always seem to be in discussion with airlines but the fact remains that we haven't had a new airline touch down here and last a considerable amount of time since 2008 when TK started. Hopefully they're trying to attract Jet2 but I'm guessing they're probably trying to convince someone more glamorous like Cathay Pacific to join the party. And we all know oneworld don't do BHX!

Perhaps in time the 787 could change things but in the short-term I think all we can hope for is continued expansion from existing carriers.
If thery were going for Cathay Pacific, wouldn't they wait until the runway is done?

Forgot TK only started in 2008. You would be able to say US Airways if they bothered to try BHX for another season.

I think there's more chance of expansion from the smaller carriers rather than the larger ones. Turkish flies 10 times a week - I suspect it doesn't operate that frequently from LHR or MAN but I may be wrong. Surely an aircraft upgrade is on the cards if the loads warrant it?

In terms of the long-haul carriers, Continental tried a second daily service (which would fly in just after the first flight had left) but that didn't last long, so that'll stay as it is for now. EK has been discussed. As mentioned, more services to Orlando would benefit. Not sure what PIA's loads are like but I suspect they aren't great, probably the reason why they only operate the 772 now rather than the 773.

Last edited by Planeaddict; 13th Jan 2013 at 15:47.