PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Crash in Moscow
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2013, 11:14
Kulverstukas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We seem to be getting a bit confused here - probably with the translation difficulties, but can I summarise what we THINK we know?
Sorry for my runglish

TU204 crews appear to operate without full harness.
Confirmed

They touched down fast - "20kph over max permitted" or "30/50kph"?? Some serious issues with CRM?
At least 20 kph more, and with wrong AoA too. Common (mis)practice in the airline, as they said after friday's breefing.

They did not deploy spoilers manually - does that mean they failed on auto?
There was no signal from WOW switches. For autospoilers there MUST be signal from BOTH main gears.

Apparently lots of hopping around on various legs (due to high touchdown speed?
They call it "goat" in rusian slang. (Der Ziege und die sieben jungen Geißlein). Yes, high touchdown speed, ground effect, high lift-to-drag ratio of a/c.

They selected full reverse without pausing to allow reversers to unlock? This gave around 90% forward thrust? A second reverse selection gave 84% forward? I assume the throttle mechanism had been 'broken' like the previous case.
They selected intermediat reverse without pausing at idle. It's more strange: it seems that because of wrong maintenance in RW if ones move RCL to reverse AND if there is no WOW signal, there will be no reverse flaps move but engine will remain on direct thrust. When there IS the WOW signal this malfunction is masked (reverse flaps is engaged automatically). By "second" they mean that there was attempts to move levers to off.

At around 25 secs someone tried to g/a and reduced flap setting. Other crew may have been trying to stop? Flt Engineer thought to have contributed absolutely nothing to all this.
Yes. F/E had to open spoiler manually (by FCOM).

A/c apparently 'wheelbarrowing' (weight on nosewheel) over the last section of the runway (ie no braking available?) with full 'nose-down command?
FDR registered erratical sidestick signals.

A/c exited the hard surface at 220kph and hit the road at 170kph? At runway end both fuel levers were selected off and the reversers appear to have 'deployed'???
Emergency fuel levers. All brakes (spoilers etc) deployed automatically on WOW signal.

I must admit all that leaves me in a state of total confusion and dread! Very little appears to make sense in terms of operating an a/c. Was this a training flight?

Is there any news when a preliminary report will be out?
16th Jan

Last edited by Kulverstukas; 13th Jan 2013 at 11:52.