PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Crash in Moscow
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2013, 10:55
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We seem to be getting a bit confused here - probably with the translation difficulties, but can I summarise what we THINK we know?

TU204 crews appear to operate without full harness.

They touched down fast - "20kph over max permitted" or "30/50kph"?? Some serious issues with CRM?

They did not deploy spoilers manually - does that mean they failed on auto?

Apparently lots of hopping around on various legs (due to high touchdown speed?

They selected full reverse without pausing to allow reversers to unlock? This gave around 90% forward thrust? A second reverse selection gave 84% forward? I assume the throttle mechanism had been 'broken' like the previous case.

At around 25 secs someone tried to g/a and reduced flap setting. Other crew may have been trying to stop? Flt Engineer thought to have contributed absolutely nothing to all this.

A/c apparently 'wheelbarrowing' (weight on nosewheel) over the last section of the runway (ie no braking available?) with full 'nose-down command?

A/c exited the hard surface at 220kph and hit the road at 170kph? At runway end both fuel levers were selected off and the reversers appear to have 'deployed'???

I must admit all that leaves me in a state of total confusion and dread! Very little appears to make sense in terms of operating an a/c. Was this a training flight?

Is there any news when a preliminary report will be out? It is surely a blessing that there were no real passengers, just the unfortunate c/crew.