PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2012 CTC OAA & FTE Graduates review
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2013, 08:23
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe in the year I went through Oxford there were approximately 325 intergrated students. Classes ranged from 20 to 30 and in August they had a double intake of 60. Put on top of this modular which seemed to be quite a large number and graduated guys gaining employment at say a conservative 25% and your chances of finding employment shortly after graduating would be about 30%. Now thats based on what I saw happening and the demographic of the two courses either side of my own. Its not exactly fact but it does represent a three month window so come to your own conclusions.

Four and a bit years on of the 30 guys on my course only most are in flying jobs including BA, Lufthansa city line, easyjet (quite a few), Ryanair (most), wizz, a private charter company, cathay pacific. Some have been made redundant once or even twice before and some are now onto their third airline. About 15-20% did not go on to get jobs within four years. Some of the guys above are included in the 2012 statistics so it goes to show its not as easy as is some times portrayed.