PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another 787 electrical/smoke incident (on ground)
Old 12th Jan 2013, 19:06
sevenstrokeroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow...

I"m not a fan of the 787...but it is being beaten up way to much for what has actually happened.

the following could happen to any plane (transport ;jet)

battery fire (yes in my lifetime I've heard about nicad fires and YES I THINK LITHIUM ION is a bit too new for airplanes)...and this could have been due to someone shoving a golf club through the battery area by accident or something else.

FUEL LEAK...well, it really wasn't a fuel leak, it was a fuel spill out the surge tank vent...

Windshield crack...outer pane of a 5 pane windshield...I've seen it happen on 2 different jets that I've flown.

Brake problems...oh come on

oil leak from engine...yes it happens.

and there were delays, probably due to massive subcontracting all over the world.

yes, teething problems...yes it will get better...but come on.

oh, and to the guy who mentioned the 12FPS impact of the DC980...well, planes can handle a dead drop from 6 feet, and 600 FPM (hey boys and girls that is less than 12 FPS) is about a max landing without damage

sure, we learn things...improvements are made...and real pilots know not to fly the "A" model of anything.