PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do I get a copy of my saved-on-AOL emails (not saved on my computer)
Old 12th Jan 2013, 18:24
Keef

Official PPRuNe Chaplain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Milo Minderbinder
Personally I dislike Thunderbird: its not all that easy to set up, especially if you have multiple outgoing email accounts. Also development on it has stopped.
Are you sure? I updated this week to version 17.0.2 which is dated 9 January 2013. I get regular updates to the software. The bug-watching clientele is still active (although they still haven't fixed the only Thunderbird bug that bothers me).

I've been using Thunderbird for many years, and it does all that I ask of it - with the one exception of remembering which font I want it to use. It doesn't do what Outlook did to me when it corrupted its giant outlook.pst file and thereby lost all my contacts and details, my diary, and my stored e-mails. Outlook put all its eggs into one delicate basket. Folks tell me they've changed that now, but since I don't need to go there, I don't.

I have 20 different e-mail accounts on it - my personal one, the Church one, the flying group one, the pensioners group one, and various other "special interest" ones. Setting them up was easy.

Last edited by Keef; 12th Jan 2013 at 18:25.