PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do I get a copy of my saved-on-AOL emails (not saved on my computer)
Old 12th Jan 2013, 15:18
In rerum natura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brocken:

Just to clarify (this, I think, is the point that SD was making at post #2).

You can access your AOL mail online through any major browser:

https://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/l...a167&locale=gb

You can then (for example) select all old Received e-mail and mark as (for example) unread. Then log-off and run the AOL desktop software. Configure and run Automatic AOL to download all of the 'unread' e-mails to your PFC. As always there are multiple solutions ... you could forward marked e-mails to another AOL Screen Name or to any other non-AOL mailbox.

Amusing that AOL still give instructions for Eudora (which I remember from the mid 90's). Just for fun I tried creating a new AOL Mail Account only to receive Error # 418, wrong locale (GB). Life's too short ...

AOL Desktop 9.6
Sign On -> Email -> Saved on AOL -> New -> {Press CTRL + A to Select All} -> Save -> On My PC -> Create Folder
Sign On -> Email-> Saved on AOL -> Old -> {Press CTRL + A to Select All} -> Save -> On My PC -> Create Folder
Sign On -> Email -> Saved on AOL -> Sent -> {Press CTRL + A to Select All} -> Save -> On My PC -> Create Folder

Last edited by In rerum natura; 12th Jan 2013 at 17:24.