PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA Medical from State of Licence issue only?
Old 12th Jan 2013, 12:47
170'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAA Medical from State of Licence issue only?

I recently found a requirement from the UK CAA that they require a class one medical certificate from the state of licence issue.

eg: A French pilot flying in the UK commercially, must return to France for a medical renewal and can't simply take one in the UK.

My licence is not based in the UK but I have had the last 5 medicals (yearly-flying 2 crew) performed by a UK AME who has the best knowledge about my health status in terms of continuity etc. I'd like to stay with him but the CAA have other ideas!

Anyone else encountered this and can a waiver be requested? It's seems an onerous burden if you're working in JAA/EASA state A and need to go to issuing state B for a renewal just to return to A for work?

helicopter Pilots can often work in multiple countries; and so the idea of changing 'home base' to the country your currently in seems a pointless exercise...Notwithstanding the paperwork burden if you change licence base every time you work somewhere else. Seems to defeat the whole purpose of common licensing and medical standards within the EU?

Thanks for any constructive comments or info?

Last edited by 170'; 12th Jan 2013 at 12:50.