PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - M1 Visa or no Visa and SEVIS approved schools in the USA
Old 12th Jan 2013, 12:03
johnnyirvine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part 61 FAA PPL

Hi all,

I have read all 10 pages of this post and found it most educational. Thanks so much. I think I have got most of the answers but would appreciate if SoCal App, B2N2 or Gomrath could clarify my particular situation.

I am intending to go to FL, US in July 2013 for family vacation and to do my FAA PPL while there. PPL intended for VFR recreational flying only. I am going for approx 4 weeks. I have quite a bit of aviation experience but hold no qualification and have only a few hours officially logged under CAA.

I have scheduled a FAA Class 2 medical and student licence to take place in a week or so. The flight school I have decided upon (but haven't commited to yet) are Part 141 and can issue an I-20. I realise that I will need M1 Visa and TSA.

I know it was briefly discussed earlier but I just need to clarify if I can do Part 61 training as Part 141 training probably could not be accomlished in my 4 week travel period. I would like to start the ground school at home before travelling, would this allow me to do a Part 61 when I get out there.

Your valuable opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by johnnyirvine; 14th Jan 2013 at 13:08.