PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - mobile phones
Thread: mobile phones
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2013, 00:08
CafeClub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't quite get your beef, redang.

Are you saying that for years airlines had been warning pax flying on aircraft fitted with trent 800 engines that the FOHE were suspected of being a problem under very specific conditions...

And that on bulletins/forums the "experts" were constantly cautioning about flying in aircraft using the trent 800 with those FOHE...

Seriously, sure i understand your point, but surely that is the point.

Surely the empirical evidence is that it has been proven to be "effectively safe" and until even ONE incident that can definitively be blamed on mobiles as the SPECIFIC cause or causal factor... we can presume its ok.

(i could actually argue that the sample size of the "pax with mobiles on aircraft" since invention of the mobile, would be several hundred orders of magnitude higher than sample size of 777s with Rolls trent 800 flying in the conditions that effected BA038. Quite simply, i can assert with absolutely no doubt -or proof- that EVERY time one of those trent 800 equipped 777s was in the air there was always someone on board with their mobile turned on. Add ALL the other aircraft types to this statistical analysis, plus the dozens of types of transmitting electronic consumer items, and i think the weight of evidence suggests that really, this is all much mobile-ado about nothing. Lol the OP with his ipad operational deficiency even adds weight to this argument!!)

Last edited by CafeClub; 12th Jan 2013 at 10:02.