PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2012 CTC OAA & FTE Graduates review
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2013, 21:06
harryc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we are slowly getting to some sort of answer,don’t forget Jerez and other FTO.s placement into the big two, how many are they taking each year? I am a father trying to calculate through the sales blurb that despite reading 5000 billion pages of pprune - and I don’t exaggerate! can’t get to semi accurate figures - but I presume there are lots of people on here that know the intake details? and placement ratio.

And also lots of people who completed their training in 2011 in the big three that unfortunately don’t have a placement yet can provide info stats and advice

It was a good point that the placement figures could be from historical students also and not from the qualifying year and Iincluded 50 placements for tagged

I think with the amount of people that want to join the three FTO, s this and next year this is the ideal subject forum to gain from in training cadets in the know the figures required, this can do no harm to their chances of placement as it will probably only deter people behind them, but I think it will take a lot of participation apart from maybe a representative of each of the big three to explain the 2012 stats

The decision for a lot of students later this year is:

Go to university and get a backup career qualification which has been recommended just over 10 billion times on this wonderful site whilst still being able to apply for tagged cadetships as long as you don’t do any ATPL exams or 60 hrs PPL and wait for a possible recovery or FTO but for 2013 / 2014 for your £150K inclusive of TR, what are the chances?

Last edited by harryc; 11th Jan 2013 at 21:14.