PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2013, 19:32
Martijn123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sat my day 1 at OAA this week. Day after it got an email, unfortunately not called forward for day 2. Although I knew chances would be really small, especially applying from outside UK, I'm feeling pretty gutted right now. Thought it went not too bad at all. It said "Unfortunately, your scores attained on Day 1 did not quite reach the required standard to be called forward to Day 2 of the BA FPP selection procedure.". Is that particular sentence any indication of what my scores were? Or is that just a standard reply? It also said that in fact my scores made me eligible for further consideration for OAA's normal course.

I got a feeling I just messed up the mathematics test, didn't complete it, got to question 23 of 24. And a part of the test for remembering things, especially when 3 things including radio settings came into the "game". So do not consider it bad at all, although also knew when thinking about my performance just because not being able to complete the mathematics test would mean I will not be at the top.

As I was staying at Langford Halls, while having the feeling that I would not being at the top of the list, I talked a little bit with the accommodation staff about what the rate was of pilots through their own self payed courses that got a job in todays job market. She called the graduation&career department for me. They said numbers on the website for 2012 weren't updated, it is now over 200 pilots who got a job. Also normally around 80-90 percent of the self sponsored students who graduates from OAA get a job within a year. That seems pretty high, doesn't it?
Got also a email and phone number of a member of staff to email or ring, would I require any more information. Will post here what there reply is once they got back to me.

I will probably attend the further day 2 of the selection for a normal course, as I already paid for it and it will give a lot of experience for applying for other mentored schemes, next years BA FPP etc.

Last edited by Martijn123; 11th Jan 2013 at 21:25. Reason: Corrected some spelling errors