PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 11th Jan 2013, 17:29
Skyhigh86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the truth from a current FO;

Brookfield contract length is 5 years. Although that effectively means bugger all as they could just half my pay next week and tell me to sign a new contract or leave.

Recently a group of FOs didn't get their contracts renewed. Although I understand some maybe all finally got a renewal albeit on a far far worse contract and signed up to the abhorrent Irish accountant scheme.

First base likelihood? Having a laugh arnt ya?
They will put you wherever it suits them and completely on their terms. New bases possibly in Croatia. Lots of talk of morocco bases as well, it would seem that the recent timetable changes indicate this as well. Of course these will be 5/3 bases so don't expect to be getting more than one day at home if you choose to commute from April till November.

Hours on the first year, I would budget on 600 max! Just as I stated earlier guys theres no more aircraft arriving. For ever new person that arrives they are diluting everyone else's hours, of course there's quite a few leaving but nothing on the scale of people arriving; hence the dilution.
Remember that you cost the company nothing to be sat on your arse in the middle of Europe. It's in their operational interest to be overcrewed.

Please don't expect to receive much sympathy from your colleagues when you arrive.

Last edited by Skyhigh86; 11th Jan 2013 at 17:29.