PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OEI Performance
Thread: OEI Performance
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2013, 13:00
validator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEI Performance

Hello,

I'm kinda lost among some information for a study im trying to complete.

We know that TS engines have 30s, 2min and continuous OEI power limits, Take off and continuous AEO limits.

Performance class 1 and 2, so category A requires that, in the event of a power failure in an engine; the other engine has to either make a safe landing or continue the operation at hand.

Imagine I am a pilot and my halicopter is capable of commencing cat-a operations, and i have an engine failure after TDP, and i decided to carry out the operation at hand.

I raised to 1000ft height, set to OEI max. continuous power to reach the destination.

Ok this was the scenerio uptil now. my question ( comes from now on =) )

Does the OEI(max. continuous) power means that im running my engine at %100 capability? (hence 30sOEI is about %110-%120, and 2minOEI is about %105-%110) (similarly AEO TO and AEO continuous are about %100 - %90 capability, respectively)

lastly, does the usage of any of the above power ratings (30sOEI, 2minOEI, max.cont.OEI) requires a maintainance on the engine? or are these values in these time intervals are completely safe?

I know questions are pretty easy and fundemental, but I have to validate the answers in order to continue with the assumptions im making in my study.

any help is appriciated =) thanks in advance