PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Suspends Barrier Aviation Operations
Old 11th Jan 2013, 11:46
SgtBundy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that not the lesson learned time and time again that leads to the separation of powers with the government, police and judiciary? One creates the laws, one enforces the laws and one validates the justness of the laws.

The part that seems to be missing from what I read here is the issue of redress. Without a doubt CASA should have the power to shut someone down should they have sufficient evidence that they believe there is a risk to safety. However those affected should have the right to challenge that and present their case. It seems in the case of Barrier, CASA dropped the notice then immediately asked a judge to drag it out for another 3 months. I am assuming that all moved too quickly for Barrier to challenge or question it properly in front of a judge. Maybe it is too complex an issue to be settled so quickly, but surely if CASA has enough to back their judgement it should be enough for a learned judge to weigh up the risks vs the impact and decide the course of action.

That said, a lot on here sounds like when people get upset at the cops for pulling them over for doing 120 in an 80 zone. Honestly they were not speeding, it wasnt that bad, I do it all the time, the cop is just on a power trip.