PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another 787 electrical/smoke incident (on ground)
Old 11th Jan 2013, 11:39
AlphaZuluRomeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HalloweenJack
BBC are saying , 2 more incidents since? for a total of 5 this week?

apparently 2 ANA 787`s have more issues - a windscreen has cracked with a `spider web` cracking in front of the pilot in flight and oil was seen leaking on a taxi`ing aircraft after landing?
I don't think it's "since".
No mention of the oil spill after landing. Isn't it a confusion with the fuel spill before take-off? If so, already accounted for in the "3 in a week".
About the windscreen, see => here. 24th Dec. Not in the week. Unless another occurence, but I don't think so, it would have been reported elsewhere, given the current attention of the press to the 787.
[edit] and I was wrong thinking that... My bad.
- the oil spill was in fact a leak inside an engine generator (see BBC news quoted in the post below), so no confusion with the fuel spill @ Boston.
- according to NYT linked below : "Earlier on Friday, A.N.A. reported cracks in the cockpit window of a 787 (...), the third time that cracks had appeared in the windshield of one of the 17 787s operated by A.N.A.". So, not the same incident as on Dec. 24, but another occurence of the same type.
I stand corrected. Thanks Twitcher & Romulus for bringing more sources.

Last edited by AlphaZuluRomeo; 11th Jan 2013 at 13:02.