PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My folks vs Me - need your advice!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2013, 07:50
Ross_ervo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much for all the responses, I am glad I decided to post this issue on here!

Due to your posts I am now aware of a few things that need to be given more thought like guarantors for loans, the RAAF, the assets I could accumulate through an engineering job (to put against a loan) and the advantage of having some experience in engineering etc.

tbh I can now see the benefit in starting out as an engineer and working towards a cpl when time and money allow for it to happen. I will most probably try to make the switch before I am 30 ifI go down this path.I am a tad worried that a fulltime engineering career would suck the motivation out of me, but as has been said by a few this might even be for my own good?

I had looked at entry pathways into the RAAF a few years ago but was deterred from taking it up because of the return of service period. I am sure that decision was pretty baseless (I was young and a bit silly ) and as of now I am not worried by bonds or anything like that, so I will certainly think about this!

Cheers all! I would be more than happy to recieve more advice/opinions through pm or posts

p.s - Rotaiva please check your pm thanks