PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2013, 05:25
Meccano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think you are confusing Michael O'Leary and Ryanair as they are different legal entities.

Michael O'Leary did not bid on Aer Lingus.
Sheesh...you really insist on this game of semantics. Enjoying yourself?
Yes Yes, we all KNOW. O'Leary is not FR yadda yadda. Technically. Legally.Etc Etc.
But functionally, and in everything they do and say, he is the face of Ryanair, the boss of Ryanair, the decision maker at Ryanair. The Board are an inconvenient legal encumbrance of the Stock Market, merely there to rubber stamp him and collect a big fat paycheque. Who do you think you're kidding? Maybe yourself alone.

FR can sell to whomever they want including IAG or to Michael O'Leary and then bank the cash to do as they wish.
Indeed. At a loss of over 270M euro.
And if its a forced divestment I think they need to be careful who they sell to. Otherwise the whole merry go round of legal actions starts up again, and I expect the people in the UK CA don't like to be made fools off.....

Wow so a loss should stop all TPG investment, then again thats 3 years ago or irrelevant really as billions of $ in investment later shows.
It was a 500M USD hit.
Suck THAT up.

As Ryanair has already more than paid any TPG investment back a couple of times I guess they not that worried but do keep trying.
Yeah. Some you win, some you lose.

Investing in capital is always allowable to be written down against tax. The idea that somehow Ryanair is any different from any other capital intensive business is laughable. But keep on with the dead horse.
True. But when its taken to extremes people start feeling like its taking the mickey. Then comes the backlash.

As for Italians, fraid nobody is that worried about their tax people, not even Silvio.
Well I'm sure thats easy for you to say - I doubt you've had a Tax Demand from them drop through your letterbox!
But it wasn't just Italy mentioned in that lengthy article you carefully ignored in my last post! Funny how you pick over my small comments, but ignore vast tracts which are obviously too inconvenient and difficult to waffle away.
Come on now - how can Ryanair justify forcing contract pilots to set up convoluted vehicles for tax purposes? Whats the point? Why not keep your noses out of the pilots tax affairs?

By the way - Silvio was recently sentenced to four years in jail in Italy for Tax Fraud.....

Last edited by Meccano; 11th Jan 2013 at 05:43.