PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2013, 20:13
racedo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, about O'Leary's decision to launch the bid on EI you first say the following:

Then you say this in the same post about him taking over the shares himself:

It seems the irony of your contradictory statements are completely lost on you.
Or rather that you're just happy to reverse your argument when the situation requires.
So which is it? He is the solo boy wonder? Or the Board is responsible for FR's success? Hint: I suggest a hybrid model will suit your argument best here.

Think you are confusing Michael O'Leary and Ryanair as they are different legal entities.

Michael O'Leary did not bid on Aer Lingus.

FR can sell to whomever they want including IAG or to Michael O'Leary and then bank the cash to do as they wish.

Is that a sure fire GUARANTEED return?
Cos I'm trying to think who might actually be up for that kind of punt in these straightened times.
I would suggest Bondermans own lot, TPG Capital, but they're stinging from another little misadventure of a SURE THING. They invested 510M USD in Midwest Airlines, and recently sold it for 31M USD. Ouch!
And anyhow, Bonderman might be at odds with Micko over ownership of EGSS. All's fair in love and war!
Anyhow, you get the picture. Where airlines are concerned, there is no Sure Fire Guarantee. And a lot of people are indeed questiong Mr.O'Leary's obsession with EI, whether you've noticed or not (obviously not).
Wow so a loss should stop all TPG investment, then again thats 3 years ago or irrelevant really as billions of $ in investment later shows.

As Ryanair has already more than paid any TPG investment back a couple of times I guess they not that worried but do keep trying.

I'm thinking - Starbucks!
That would be cool, wouldn't it?
If the hard pressed tax paying public were to suddenly feel exploited by a Corporation which touts a consumer friendly image (as Starbucks and FR does), while arranging to pay a fraction (or zero) tax. Then comes the backlash.
Ah well, we can dream...
Investing in capital is always allowable to be written down against tax. The idea that somehow Ryanair is any different from any other capital intensive business is laughable. But keep on with the dead horse.

Clearly you really out of your depth in comparing to Starbucks.
Starbucks has few if any capital assets.

As for Italians, fraid nobody is that worried about their tax people, not even Silvio.