PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sheffield City Airport Petition
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2013, 18:33
Northbound A1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peel and councillors

WH904, well said. Peel have a knack of getting the local councillors to give the publics land away...don't ask me how! Must be something in it for the councillors?

It started with Sheffield, and the very same thing is now happening at Teesside. The 6 local councils have given the land away, and Teesside even has a very long runway, so the old excuse of a short runway wont wash up here!

Perfect flat building land with a view of the Cleveland hills. Peel have their own website which alleges that there are 700,000 pax through it? They must be living in 2006 as the figures are nothing like that now.

Peel are after more government money to put roads and drains in around Teesside Airport under a second try at obtaining a regional grant. They don't say it will be aviation related though.

You should ask the press why local councillors give away public land to a private company. There has got to be something fishy going on. Teesside with its hundreds of acres was gifted to Peel for £500,000 with a promise of spending £20m... which didn't happen.

Peel had the usual 10 year clause in the contract though. you know the one, where Peel are given most of the shares if the council don't stump up millions to keep the airport open.

They don't need to rob a bank, the publics valuable land (airports) are being handed over on a plate to Peel by certain councillors!!!

I wish Watchdog would do a series on them, but I cant see that happening as Peel also own the land the BBC now rent in Manchester!

Funny handshakes going on left, right, and centre, according to some.

Just ask the DTV management and the local councillors who gifted the place to Peel