PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2013, 18:12
AMM626

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have asked BHX about the taxiways and they are NOT widening them.They inform me that they comply with all CAA regs for all types of aircraft.
4 Warnings

(f) Operators should note that Birmingham Airport is unable to accept A340-600 aircraft due to limitation on taxiway curves.

Page 11

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadba...2013-01-10.pdf

2 Ground Movement

(h) A380 Aircraft Operations:

(i) Operators of A380 aircraft may designate Birmingham as a nominated diversionary aerodrome subject to prior agreement with the Head of Airfield Operations Tel +44 (0)121-767 7384 and assessment of facilities at Birmingham by the Airline. The use of Birmingham as an alternate for A380 operations is also subject to UK CAA approval on an individual airline basis.

(ii) Maximum of 5 A380s can be handled at any time (subject to stand availability).

(iii) Only one A380 can move around the aerodrome at any time. If 2 or more aircraft are handled at the same time, one must be on stand at all times whilst the other is moving or stationary on Taxiway Tango / Taxilane Uniform

(iv) Follow-me will be provided for all movements.

(v) Departing aircraft must use the CAT III runway holds at all times, irrespective of weather conditions.

(vi) Diverting A380 aircraft will be provided with RFF Category 9 in accordance with UK CAA CAP 168 Chapter 8.

Page 10