PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2013, 13:54
BALHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's no need for help, the bid is not going to go through.
But they will be back and will keep doing so until FR are no longer a shareholder...

The only bid they cannot refuse would be 100 years profit given to them up front, including infaltion, short of that they'd be better off with the slots.

EI is here for the long term, it doesn't care about making a quick buck from selling it's LHR slots, it has a lot of liquidity at the moment, they're not strapped for cash and have no need for the extra cash on hand, and even if they were, I'd say EI would sooner sell their entire fleet before they sold their LHR Slots.
How can you predict the next 100 years of profits, there are barely any airlines that have even lasted as long...

EI does have the problem in the fact their biggest shareholder keeping trying to takeover the airline and hold EI hostage, so to fix it, they can sell their LHR slots (which will make them a vast amount of money) and with IAG (who will get involved in return of the sale of EI's LHR slots to them) can buyout MOL/FR out and prevent any future takeover by that airline

Also the term "long-term" does not apply to this industry, it is that unstable...

You don't seem to grasp the fact that EI would make money operating the route itself, rather than letting BA do it on its behalf, so unless BA is going to be so kind as to donate all the profits of that route to EI, and let's face it, never going to happen, then EI are better off doing it themselves. Besides, based on what I've heard about the routes from DUB/BHD -> LHR, EI are wiping the floor with BA when it comes to load factors, yields, punctuality and the number of corperate contracts they have, so why let BA do it when they're going to be forced off the route by EI anyway?
EI are without a doubt making money on LHR-DUB/BHD, but they deal with the "Ryanair" problem and still make money on LHR-DUB/BHD (which they would codeshare on)

Remember if BA/EI combined their LON-IRE routes, yields will rise and thus they are more profitable, so it will have little if any loss of income from those routes overall (while at the same time, dealing with their biggest problem)

In fact its BA that will have a raw deal out of this, but even they benefit in the chance of launching more profitable routes...

Go home BALHR, you're drunk
I am at home already and if I was drunk, I find it hard to even operate the computer in the first place...

BA have being code sharing with EI for years and still are BTW so why would EI code share with them when BA would be unable to provide 12 or 13 daily flights depending on season that EI can. BA are only on DUB route because they took over from BMI and currently have nothing productive to do with the slots or aircraft which is why they are operating the route. BA can't be bothered even offering there own flights for passengers who are connecting from DUB at LHR only the EI ones are offered. It says a lot don't you think...
BA would be able to retain the right amount of frequency (even if its 12 X daily) due to the fact they will have both their own LHR-IRE and EI's LHR-IRE slots as well, besides BA are well known for their route planning

If the LHR-DUB/BHD routes where not countributing overall to the airline, they would have been gone by now, they have already cut the number of routes they got from BMI, personally I was surprised they retained those routes (in the past, they have left it to EI) in the first place...

BALHR - BA aren't stupid, and playing with FR can and will come back to haunt them. Those four EI slots not being off loaded by FR- they won't be for an Irish service - you can be guaranteed that they will be for their long haul operation.

Ryanair is always one step ahead in the game of chess.
Those four EI slots that Ryanair are not planning to sell (I only knew this thanks to a fellow user at this forum) are leased from VS in the first place, so I would be gussing that VS would want them back or launch their own LHR-DUB service (or something else...)

Besides if FR want to launch long-haul routes (they havebeen talkign about it for years, but little has happened), they will simply rebrand EI's TATL flights

FR will face a much harder task on the TATL routes out of LHR due to strong competition already so I doubt if they are interested (the same goes for any route out of LHR...)