View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2013, 12:51
Hangar6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dublin passengers

Well EK have had a great year

It is true Other carriers have held their own

IMO BA are the big looser and their summer 13 scheulereflects this
down to max 5 flights a day , even last summer they took over BMI at 6 a day, for winter 12 announced 8 a day and that never happened.

EI sufferred too as LHR market is not growing even with BA brief interest.
AF have cut back on flight
TK have increased for S13 , so looks like all in all other than LHR the other routes and hubs, carriers are doing ok.

Possibly some hit on SAS too but maybe other issues there .

EI and ETIHAD link up should help keep some of the traffic off Emirates.
UA and EI is growing , far great transfers to EUR coming now from UA ex USA,

I think BA needs EI now more than ever as they have already re assigned some of their Dublin slots to other routes and EI really can help their LHR hub.

LHR was once the transfer hub of choice for ROI pax and this is now clealry gone to the ME . If BA want those 200,000 pax plus ETIHAD pax back then EI is the only player in town for them and LHR flights have to be made terminate in T5 .

ROI is a tiny market but Emirates and Etihad are sucking in NI pasengers too , away from LHR .

Cargois interesting as again BA via LHR used to be the first choice. SQ no longer do a cargo flight ex Dublin, not sure what impact ME carriers have had on AF cargo service , if any.

Interesting times but growth in DUBLIN is good to see.

T1 v T2 traffic is scewed a bit as EIR are T1 , a lot of flights and pax involved, also EI MAINLINE still have arrivals and departures from T1
I know these are counted as T2 pax but still it does scew any assumptions we may make.

I am surprised at FR as they really are not chasing LONDON traffic ex DUBLIN in the way they used to, STN LTN and LGW are not growing in pax or flights.