PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2013, 11:16
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's exactly why the ruling was made. The courts were fed up with BA running to them to seek an injunction on minor technicalities that would have had no impact on the final result. They, nor any company, will be able to get the courts to help do their dirty work in future after this ruling.
Yes of course that's right. Those silly old judges didn't consider the material facts of the RMTs case and rule on that. No, they ruled on the fact that they were cross with BA and wanted to punish all companies regardless of due legal process. Of course they did.

Notwithstanding the outcomes were not just different but radically different and in our judgement.......etc etc
Just one ET. How many ET's did the faithful lose?

There's not one person that I know affiliated to CD who's not a BASSA member and supporter. Pleases don't believe flight deck spin. BASSA membership currently stands just under 10000.
Hang on, just a moment ago you were telling us you didn't know much about CD, now you think you know most of their members? There are plenty in CD who quit BASSA, they bleated about it on CF enough!! BASSA membership may be 'just under 10000' now, it wasn't just prior to the strike when BASSA took down the membership counter on their website before it embarassed them further!

My God you're coming to your senses - absolutely correct! Almost exactly because we now have contractual assurances going forward, which we didn't have months before - just loose wishy washy terminology.
Nope, pretty much the same deal word for word. The details are public domain, you can compare the offer BASSA didn't put to the vote with the one they did.

[quote]To fight injustice, which is more than your weak association would do for you. At least we have balls and stamina. Now it's onwards and upwards to the European courts to fight the Government over the injustice we've faced - can't wait!/quote]

To fight the injustice (and indignity!) of the CSD having to push a trolley! And you still lost in the first instance and had to reballot. And it was all pointless anyway as you ended up the deal BA had offered you earlier after you went back begging. Although you'll note BALPA (and I'm no fan of them) recently fought and won a case for holiday pay. I wonder if the European courts will believe you've faced an injustice? The UK courts certainly don't!

Wrong. Nearly 10000 members out of an eligible workforce of approx 11000
Ah ah! Circa 8000 members around strike time, corroborated by BASSAs own admission and BA's payroll department cancel the subs. It may be back up now, but that's not what counts. You didn't have it when it mattered (was it only about 5000 who went on strike anyway?).

I don't see them as 'rival'. Within the near future they'll be brought into EF/WW.
Midfleet lasted 10 years. Unite being 'completely separate'?
Yep, rival. They are cheaper than you and the new route growth goes to them. If you are lucky then maybe you'll be merged into MF! MF's growth rate is stratospheric, EF/WW are being offered severance. We both know there's no way on earth BA are going to throw away those savings, they don't need to! As to their union representation, to all practical purposes Unite are separate from BASSA. BASSA are merely a badly led, militant branch of the union. Unite needed them muzzled and they have been.MF will be represented by mainstream Unite. There'll be no angry trash talking from 'Admin' on MFs behalf and if BASSA start trying to play industrial again then Unite members in MF will cover the work, just like the Unite VCC did.

'd look to BALPA myself. Slowly year by year give up your T&C'S trying to delay the inevitable. So many pilots (and extremely decent ones) have seen the light and are joining Independent Pilots Association IPA.
I'm no fan of BALPA but they at least recognise reality. I'm not sure SEPLA have reached that stage yet. BASSA still haven't. Never met any pilot in the IPA, perhaps I'll have to take your word on that. After all, you've been so accurate on all your other claims.

And now from the introduction of the A380, BA want to take them out of the service.
Different aircraft, different rules. Maybe the A380 is big enough to require it. They'll still be doing the service on everything else. The indignity of Lala pushing a trolley!

Incorrect. As of last Julys elections there is an equal mix of CSDs/Pursers/Main crew, pre and post 97 contracts. Please visit the BASSA office for correct names and rank.
But they weren't at the time of the strike, or the decade before, were they? Cynical self-interest from the reps drove that strike. Its a bit like saying because Uganda is democratic now then no criticism can be attached to Idi Amin!!!

Feel free to carry on in your fantasy world WWW, ignoring all published, public domain accounts of where your union went badly wrong. But best you don't offer any more advice to SEPLA on how to 'win' their dispute your way.

Last edited by Hand Solo; 10th Jan 2013 at 11:18.