PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2013, 10:09
Watersidewonker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm quite familiar with the ruling thanks, but it doesn't apply retrospectively to BASSA
It's exactly why the ruling was made. The courts were fed up with BA running to them to seek an injunction on minor technicalities that would have had no impact on the final result. They, nor any company, will be able to get the courts to help do their dirty work in future after this ruling.
Discriminatory? The only discrimination was that the cabin crew were in dispute and the rest of the company weren't.
That's not what Judge Mathews reported on 13/02/12 Mr Cook V BA
"Notwithstanding the outcomes were not just different but radically different and in our judgement there is sufficient similarity for us to conclude that the decision to dismiss Mr Cook but not to dismiss f/o S••••••• was so irrational that no employer could reasonably have made it. Verdict: Unfair Dismissal"
What, even the ones who quit BASSA?
There's not one person that I know affiliated to CD who's not a BASSA member and supporter. Pleases don't believe flight deck spin. BASSA membership currently stands just under 10000.
No, what you got was almost exactly the same deal that BA had offered you months before
My God you're coming to your senses - absolutely correct! Almost exactly because we now have contractual assurances going forward, which we didn't have months before - just loose wishy washy terminology.
massive legal bills
To fight injustice, which is more than your weak association would do for you. At least we have balls and stamina. Now it's onwards and upwards to the European courts to fight the Government over the injustice we've faced - can't wait!
2000+ resignations
Wrong. Nearly 10000 members out of an eligible workforce of approx 11000.
new and growing rival cabin crew force with much lower costs and completely separate union representation,
I don't see them as 'rival'. Within the near future they'll be brought into EF/WW.
Midfleet lasted 10 years. Unite being 'completely separate'?
If SEPLA want to know how not to do it then BASSA are the finest possible example
I'd look to BALPA myself. Slowly year by year give up your T&C'S trying to delay the inevitable. So many pilots (and extremely decent ones) have seen the light and are joining Independent Pilots Association IPA.
For those that don't understand the terminology, it meant the senior had to involve themselves in the cabin service!!!
And now from the introduction of the A380, BA want to take them out of the service.
Of course many BASSA reps are senior cabin crew
Incorrect. As of last Julys elections there is an equal mix of CSDs/Pursers/Main crew, pre and post 97 contracts. Please visit the BASSA office for correct names and rank.

Last edited by Watersidewonker; 10th Jan 2013 at 10:20.