PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2013, 07:17
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct he no showed for a flying duty to attend a crucial meeting.
He no-showed a couple of times, not always for 'crucial' meetings.

Hardly a sackable offence in my eyes - maybe a written warning.
The ET didn't agree with you.

If he'd been a pilot, perhaps an informal verbal warning would do.
Pure speculation on your part, especially as pilots don't no-show for their trips to attend meetings.

The initial injunction focused on crew who had been balloted and left the business.
If Uncle had kept on top of the numbers he might not have had a problem working out how to deal with the severance. It would have been much easier for him if Lala hadn't told all those leaving to vote to stick two fingers up at BA. Those two should talk more!

The law was proved to be so against the Union in ballot result notification and this will never happen again after a recent RMT court ruling.
No it wasn't. The law said you need to make reasonable efforts to ensure only those eligible to vote do so (see Lala's comments) and you must notify the results of the ballot in a standard way with a number of standard pieces of information (Uncle can't count it seems). BASSA failed to clear either of these exceedingly low hurdles.

Don't know much about crewdefence only that they exist and it's the first I've heard about OHP having a Christmas party.
Don't be all coy now! I'm sure you've heard of CD, and how they busted BASSA using union funds to pay for a Christmas party for the reps and Oh Parsons! staff.

Please try to keep focused on the thread title though Hands.
Well it's quite important our colleagues in Iberia understand that the clowns who are trying to advise them to fight their management failed utterly when they tried it in the UK, primarily through incompetence. SEPLA would be much better off not repeating those mistakes.