PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Ek Green Light
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2013, 05:44
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Haughtney,

Last time I transited DXB (early-2009), I had a 6-hour layover so hotel accommodation was provided.

This was close to, but off the airport and required immigration and customs clearance.

There was a case not long before that of a Brit who spent the better part of 2008 in the local lock-up for having something the size of a grain of sand, caught in the tread of his shoes.

And if you need melatonin to help you sleep on your slip, well, don't. And don't have it in your bloodstream, either.
Quick question taildragger, we're you aware that you would be clearing customs?
The implication is that you weren't...if so why not? or more to the point was it something that you didn't consider? or weren't informed would be happening?
Like I said, where ever you go, you should be aware of the local laws and customs relating to medication, alcohol, cigarettes and anything else that comes under the radar of customs.
For example I know going into Oz or NZ bio-security is a big thing, it's just the way it is...no stress.
The authorities in the UAE generally don't want to bang up foreigners, and particularly in Dubai they realise it is bad PR, most of the cases that make it to the press have far more to them than just the headline, and as the quote from the official says..if you've got a prescription with the relevant details..you have nothing to worry about.